QR Codes Arrive At Maintenance Assistant
We are very excited to announce the launch of Quick Response (QR) codes for your Maintenance Assistant CMMS. Now you can scan QR codes attached to any asset using a free scanner app on your mobile phone or tablet device. You will then be instantly taken to the page dedicated to that asset in your Maintenance Assistant CMMS. From there guests can request maintenance and logged in users can quickly report a problem, see work histories and orders, and access valuable information like meter reading histories.
At Maintenance Assistant we love to bring new technology to our customers. We are very excited to bringing you QR codes, available for all of your assets. These are now available for all our customers, for free, on request. We think our customers will love them and find them extremely useful for creating new work orders and finding out information about the asset on which they are working.
If you want, and you have a QR code scanner app installed on your internet enabled mobile device, you can give it a try now by scanning the QR code below. To log on to our test drive use admin and both your username and password.
If you don’t know how to do this, read on and I will explain further what a QR code is, where you can download your free app, how you use QR codes with your mobile device, and how you can use QR codes at your facility.
What are QR codes?
QR codes contain information that can be interpreted by a computer. This information might be a web address,
a number, or a piece of text. At Maintenance Assistant we have unique QR codes for every asset, and these generate a web address that links the mobile device directly to the Maintenance Assistant webpage for that asset.
How do I read a QR code?
Download any free or paid QR reader from your app store and install it to your mobile device. Once you have your scanning app installed and open, point your camera at a QR code and, if required, press the “scan
now” button. Your scanner app will read the code, translate its contents into a website address and take you directly to the website that it refers to.
Which free scanning app should I use?
You can choose any compatible QR scanner app from your favourite app store. Most good ones are free to download and use. We have had success with Scan for our Android devices including Samsung and Nexus devices, for Apple iPhone and iPad we have successfully used ScanLife, and for Blackberry we know Barcode Scanner works.
How do I use QR codes at my site with my CMMS?
When we roll out QR codes to all of our customers there are several steps you will need to take to make QR codes work for you at your site.
- You will need to print out your QR codes. We have a list of recommended printers who can fill this need. Each asset will have a unique QR code associated with it.
- You will need to attach your QR codes to any asset you want to.
- Your technicians will need internet enabled mobile devices, with a QR code reader app installed (these are free to download and use, just search your favourite app store).
- Your technicians can scan any asset that has a QR code attached. They can then start using the power of connecting directly to the asset to request work orders and look up useful information.
What if I want to print a batch of QR codes for all of my assets?
When you are logged into your Maintenance Assistant CMMS, you can generate a pdf file containing the QR codes for all of your assets. With this pdf you will able to print your asset QR codes on standard Avery label sheets on both A4 and US letter paper. Click here to watch the video!
Maintenance Assistant - Print your QR codes.
How can I get Maintenance Assistant?
You can try it for free, or easily purchase your subscription using your credit card.
Other visitors also viewed:
- Maintenance software (CMMS) provider, Maintenance Assistant Inc., unveils QR Codes.
Toronto, Ontario Sept 03, 2013. Maintenance Assistant Inc., a leading CMMS provider, today announced the release of Quick Response (QR) codes...
- Using QR codes for Facility Management
QR codes rapidly direct mobile devices to important information. For facilities management, you should attach a QR code to your...
- New at Maintenance Assistant, September 9 2013
What is new? Login screen You will notice a big improvement when you login. We have redesigned the login webpage...
- First Impressions of Maintenance Assistant
- Advanced CMMS Metrics – Planned Maintenance Percentage
- Extend the Functionality of your CMMS with MA Connect™
- Press Release: MA Connect™
- Why Cloud CMMS is better than On-Premise CMMS
- Press Release: Maintenance Assistant Announces Release of MA CMMS Mobile
- Introducing MA CMMS™ Mobile
- NEW: CAPTCHA Added to The “Submit Maintenance Service Request” Page
- Press Release: 7th Consecutive Quarter for Growth and Customer Acquisition
- Our #1 Tech Support Issue