5 Ways to Gain Competitive Edge with Maintenance Software
maintenance software, is necessary to running a successful and organized company. Not to mention, as MaintenanceWorld.com suggests, “Many companies and organizations consider their computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and processes as catalysts for achieving a competitive advantage.” So, how do you use your maintenance management to get the competitive edge?
Plan Parts Inventory
Knowing where your parts are, when they’ll be coming in, and when to reorder is key to running an organized business. When parts are out or missing your employees can’t be expected to do their jobs, and time and money is lost. Whether you do the ordering yourself or utilize an order fulfillment service, it’s imperative that you are always up to do date on your inventory.
- Ordering: Set up monthly orders – and add to them as necessary. This ensures that parts come when needed, so all shipments can go out on time, or ahead of your competitor.
Give Better Customer Service
Regardless of whom your customers are, they want to be well informed on their orders, history, etc. Your CMMS software can help you do that, providing a valuable service that other manufacturing companies may not be able to provide.
- Reporting: Utilize this tool to send monthly reports to customers automatically. This will allow them to be sure of where their money is spent, what they are getting, and what they can expect.
Automate Your Request Process
When customers, old or new, need something, they call in their order. It’s placed over the phone, small talk is made, and 20 minutes later your employee is getting back to work. By taking advantage of the automated process, you can save time and money.
- Notifications: Be sure to set up email notifications, so the person responsible can know when orders come in. If a problem arises, a call can then be placed to resolve the issue.
Schedule Maintenance Appointments
It’s incredibly important that your equipment is compliant with national or international standards. One way of maintaining that is ensuring that everything is maintained and up to date. However, when you’re running a busy company, or managing dozens of employees, regular maintenance can slip your mind. With integrated preventative maintenance software, you have little to worry about.
- Automated PMs: Set your preventative maintenance on auto-generation so the tasks will come in as work orders; focus on managing while the system does the work for you.
Map Employee Performance
In a busy company, it’s easy to overlook employees who may be slacking or could be promoted; everyday work keeps everyone busy, including yourself. However, utilizing the CMMS to track employees’ status, and day to day tasks will give you the opportunity to assess each person’s role within the company.
- Analyze responsibility: An industry compliant program will allow you to compare current employee responsibilities with vendors’ recommended ones. From machine function to skills needed to run certain software, you can be sure each employee is right where they need to be.
Maintenance software is integral for any business in the manufacturing industry – and because of that, you want to be sure you’re taking advantage of each opportunity.
Bio: Jessica Sanders is an avid small business writer touching on topics that range from social media to call center software. She is a professional blogger and web content writer for ResourceNation.com.
Other visitors also viewed:
- Leveraging mobile & smart technology is mandatory to stay competitive.
Were you one of the early adopters of cell phones when they hit the market in 1970’s? It took nearly...
- 8 Ways to Control Inventory Related Costs with Maintenance Assistant CMMS
Effective asset management is about ensuring you have the processes in place to cost effectively limit downtime and keep your...
- Maintenance Software Provider Maintenance Assistant Has Another Record Quarter During Q2, 2013
Maintenance software (CMMS) provider, Maintenance Assistant Inc., announces record growth in customer acquisition in Q2 2013 and unveils new core...
- Meet Stan: Your New Technical Support Specialist
- Feature Update – Guest Work Requests
- Despite slowed economic growth, record numbers of new customers adopted Maintenance Assistant’s CMMS maintenance software, resulting in the company’s best quarter to date
- New Feature – Rotating Assets
- New Feature – Custom Maintenance Reports
- Press Release: GoFleet and Maintenance Assistant Supercharge Fleet Management
- First Impressions of Maintenance Assistant
- Advanced CMMS Metrics – Planned Maintenance Percentage
- Extend the Functionality of your CMMS with MA Connect™
- Press Release: MA Connect™