maintenance software, is necessary to running a successful and organized company. Not to mention, as MaintenanceWorld.com suggests, “Many companies and organizations consider their computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and processes as catalysts for achieving a competitive advantage.” So, how do you use your maintenance management to get the competitive edge?
Plan Parts Inventory
Knowing where your parts are, when they’ll be coming in, and when to reorder is key to running an organized business. When parts are out or missing your employees can’t be expected to do their jobs, and time and money is lost. Whether you do the ordering yourself or utilize an order fulfillment service, it’s imperative that you are always up to do date on your inventory.
- Ordering: Set up monthly orders – and add to them as necessary. This ensures that parts come when needed, so all shipments can go out on time, or ahead of your competitor.
Give Better Customer Service
Regardless of whom your customers are, they want to be well informed on their orders, history, etc. Your CMMS software can help you do that, providing a valuable service that other manufacturing companies may not be able to provide.
- Reporting: Utilize this tool to send monthly reports to customers automatically. This will allow them to be sure of where their money is spent, what they are getting, and what they can expect.
Automate Your Request Process
When customers, old or new, need something, they call in their order. It’s placed over the phone, small talk is made, and 20 minutes later your employee is getting back to work. By taking advantage of the automated process, you can save time and money.
- Notifications: Be sure to set up email notifications, so the person responsible can know when orders come in. If a problem arises, a call can then be placed to resolve the issue.
Schedule Maintenance Appointments
It’s incredibly important that your equipment is compliant with national or international standards. One way of maintaining that is ensuring that everything is maintained and up to date. However, when you’re running a busy company, or managing dozens of employees, regular maintenance can slip your mind. With integrated preventative maintenance software, you have little to worry about.
- Automated PMs: Set your preventative maintenance on auto-generation so the tasks will come in as work orders; focus on managing while the system does the work for you.
Map Employee Performance
In a busy company, it’s easy to overlook employees who may be slacking or could be promoted; everyday work keeps everyone busy, including yourself. However, utilizing the CMMS to track employees’ status, and day to day tasks will give you the opportunity to assess each person’s role within the company.
- Analyze responsibility: An industry compliant program will allow you to compare current employee responsibilities with vendors’ recommended ones. From machine function to skills needed to run certain software, you can be sure each employee is right where they need to be.
Maintenance software is integral for any business in the manufacturing industry – and because of that, you want to be sure you’re taking advantage of each opportunity.
Bio: Jessica Sanders is an avid small business writer touching on topics that range from social media to call center software. She is a professional blogger and web content writer for ResourceNation.com.
Other visitors also viewed:
- 3 Ways to Save Money with Maintenance Scheduling Software
Simple; because it does so much more than just schedule. Quality maintenance scheduling software generates detailed work orders that are...
- Four Ways to Organize your Asset Hierarchy and Locate Assets
1) Asset hierarchyAssets in MA CMMS are arranged in a hierarchal structure, kind of like folders and files are laid...
- Maintenance Costs in Ways You Don’t Even Realize
Hidden Maintenance Costs at a Theme ParkA few weeks ago, I visited a large theme park in the US. While...
- Driving Innovation With GPS Integration: Maintenance Assistant and ZenduIT Partner to Revolutionize Fleet Maintenance August 20, 2015
- Maintenance Assistant Drives Record Revenue and Customer Growth in Q2 August 11, 2015
- MA Labs Provides CMMS Translation Using Google Translate July 17, 2015
- MA Labs Fully Automates Meter Readings using the Raspberry Pi and MA CMMS July 6, 2015
- MA Labs Automates Meter Readings using the Arduino and MA CMMS July 2, 2015
- MA Labs Automated Meter Readings File Handler – Maintenance Assistant June 26, 2015
- Why would an organization invest in a CMMS? June 10, 2015
- Maintenance Assistant CMMS SuiteApp Achieves ‘Built for NetSuite’ Verification May 7, 2015
- Maintenance Assistant starts 2015 off strong with another record quarter April 27, 2015
- Will Ontario’s new Cap and Trade legislation reduce our carbon footprint? April 21, 2015
- Maintenance Assistant Inc. appoints Shane Skiffington as the VP of Marketing April 14, 2015
- Increasing Maintenance Efficiency and Quality with Work Order Tracking Software April 14, 2015
- What is a Work Order? April 9, 2015
- Why do I need a maintenance work order system? April 7, 2015
- Using Maintenance Work Orders Software April 2, 2015